Are you looking for some working for yourself ideas? There’s never been a better time to work for yourself and many people in today’s unstable work climate have more than one job. As the saying goes “choose a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life”. However, not everyone can find a job they love and working for someone else can be hard at times. Here’s a few working for yourself ideas which could give you the direction you are looking for.
- Use E-bay to buy and sell items for profit – many people who have become tired of their 9 to 5 jobs have turned to the auction site to earn a full time living from the comfort of their homes. There are various ways to make money through ebay – drop shipping, misspell search, bulk buying and buying items from places like charity shops and car boot sales and then selling on ebay. Check out my videos on some of the tactics by subscribing to my YouTube channel.
- Start your own internet business. – Now is a great time to start your own internet business and more and more people are learning the skills necessary to to this either as a part time or full time career. Again, there are various methods of building a sustainable income from the internet. Affiliate marketing, Google Adsense (placing adverts on your content), YouTube marketing and many more.
- Build a home based job around your passion – This is a great way to get into the online world by starting a blog about your passion. By using advertising or affiliate marketing you can monetize your blog and once you have built up a following and plenty of traffic, you can earn a passive income source through it.
- Start a dog walking business – If you love dogs you can turn this passion into a full time job.
- Run a car boot sale – although this is generally a seasonal job you can still use running a car boot sale as an extra income.
- Become a TV extra – TV extras get paid to wander around in the background of TV shows and pretend to be immersed in conversation! Again this could be part of a portfolio career as it is often a sporadic job unless you travel a lot and join multiple agencies.
- Rent a room out – If you have a spare room in your house why not turn it into an income by finding a tenant to move in?
- Turn your house into a B&B – Bed and breakfast guesthouses are another income source if you’re in the right area and have a spare room.
- Become an affiliate marketer – Affiliate marketers promote other people’s products through their blogs or websites. This is something which is available to almost anyone. Providing you have an internet connection and a laptop or home computer, you can become an affiliate marketer. This is a great flexible job which can be done around other employment to suit your schedule. Affiliates generally create useful and informative content such as blogs ebooks and videos which can then be used to promote goods, services and information. When someone buys from a product on your website/blog you earn a commission. Learn more about affiliate marketing here.