For a long time I have searched for the ultimateÂ jobs where you work alone. Some of which were short lived and temporary. Here are a few jobs which offer work either entirely alone, or for the larger portion of the day:
- Lifeguard – I once worked as a lifeguard on Morecambe sea front which meant largely being alone all day
- HGV driver – HGV driving used to be the ultimate loners job, however mobile phones have put a small spanner in the works and now you can be reached 24/7 by your boss. HGV driving still offers a huge amount of space if you like time alone and don’t mind driving.
- Postman – being a postie means you can be out and about delivering letters and parcels for much of your shift. You still have people to deal with at the sorting office and bumping into customers but you can spend large portion of the day alone.
- Pilot – pilots can spend large amounts of time alone at the cockpit.
- Delivery driver – I have had several delivery jobs over the years and although they can be stressful, you are alone for the most part of the day.
- Actor – Many famous actors are introverts who have struggled through their shyness to perform.
Jobs Where You Work Alone – The Introvert
If you’re a bit of a loner it can be difficult to find your way in the world. After all, most jobs and career positions rely on ‘fitting in’ with people. No-one wants a stroppy co-worker who can’t get along with everyone harmoniously. Often it is introverts who can have a hard time finding work which suits them. There are many famous introverts which have become actors and celebrities.
- Clint Eastwood, actor/director
- Harrison Ford, actor
- Tom Hanks, actor
- Sir Alfred Hitchcock, film director
- Steve Martin, actor
Introverts often find it difficult in many jobs roles so it’s important to find something which can work to your advantage. According to Marti Olsen Laney in The introvert advantage, here are a few attributes which introverts often have, which can be used to their advantage in work:
- work well with others, especially in one-to-one relationships
- maintain long-term friendships
- strong ability to concentrate
- creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- analytical skills that integrate complexity
- studious and smart
Jobs Where You Work Alone – Start Your Own Online Business
I now consider working online to be one of the best jobs where you work alone. I first turned to ebay, the online auction site to find items to buy and sell. You can see more about how to make money from ebay in myÂ misspelled ebay auctions guideÂ or my ebay local bargain finder guide.
After a few years of attempted e-bay enterprises I looked to affiliate marketing as the ultimate model of selling online. Affiliate marketing stuck out because of several attractive benefits:
- You can work completely alone online
- You can work from anywhere globally
- You don’t have to sell anything personally or even need to speak to anyone
- You can scale a digital business
- It can offer multiple sources of income. See how to generate multiple streams of income.
Learn how and get started with building your own online business using a proven business system which can be worked on from a laptop from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.Â Click here for more information.