If you have a small business and no website – you are leaving money on the table. There are many ways how websites help businesses and if you don’t have one you should get one soon. Here are just a few ways in which a website will help your business to grow:
- People search on the internet now rather than using the phone book or yellow pages.
- When they do they will find your competition and not youÂ – unless you also have a website.
- A website informs potential customers of your products and services.
- A website is a good low maintenance form of advertising.
- You can direct customers to your website for more information about your business – prices, products and other useful information.
- A website can save a lot of inquiries over the phone or in person, saving you time.
- A website advertises your business 24 hours a day 7 days a week and is low cost – typically you pay for a website to be built/or build it yourself and pay $10 a month for hosting.
- You can optimize your website for your most important keywords.
- You can blog on your website to get found more on the Google searches.
Increasing your web presence once you have a website
Having a website isn’t necessarily the end of the story. It will help you get business – particularly if you are in a local area with a small amount of competition. For larger global businesses, you may not get found immediately due to the high number of competing websites. Once you have built a website you will want to increase your presence on the internet and you can do this through blogging. A blog is simply a Web log. You can write about your company and the services and products you provide in order to find potential customers looking for information relating to your business. Use Google’s keyword planner to search for further keyword combinations which people already search for in your niche.
You can also pay to advertise on Google and this is a much faster way of getting people to your website than blogging. Paid advertising shows up usually at the top of Google’s search results, or by the side on the right. It is an instant way to target potential customers who are searching for keywords within you business niche and area.
Simple Business Website Design
If you are looking for a simple business website design, I can design and build a website for you. Check out my testimonials page on my marketing website here.
Marketing Your Website
Once you have a website you will want to attract more people to it. This can be done entirely online, although you will also want to include your website on any other marketing materials you create. Marketing methods include but are not limited to things like:
- Facebook advertising
- Adwords (Google advertising)
- link building – building links back to your website from other websites in your interest area.
Building An Entirely Online Business
Online businesses can sell digital (and physical) products and services and exist entirely online with no permanent business premises, stock to hold or staff to pay. This is done through the model of affiliate marketing. Affiliates earn money by sending website traffic to other people’s products and services. Sites like Amazon offer affiliates the opportunity to earn commissions from sending customers to their website and promoting their products. This is a veryÂ attractive business to many people because it allows them to work from their laptop from anywhere globally, given an internet connection.
How can I start an online business from scratch?
Starting an online business is accessible to anyone who has a laptop and internet connection. You only need a desire to learn and the motivation to succeed. The tools now available to allow an internet business to run, are much simpler and more user friendly than they were 10 years ago, when you needed much more expert knowledge.
Join a community of support and access the best tools
YourÂ online education is the most important thing when considering an internet business. Get the wrong advice and you could be wasting your precious time in the wrong directions.Â It can take a long time with the wrong, or little knowledge, to build a successful internet business.
Consider joining a community of helpful people, accessing the best tools, systems and knowledge to help you grow, develop and learnÂ while you build your online business. Access this video series to learn more about The Six Figure Mentors who will show you how they personally have built a long term sustainable income from the internet, and how you can too. Click here to access.