Are you wondering how to get more leads from your website? If you already have a lead capture on your website you will know the importance of offering something in return for the email address of your visitors so you can send them more information on your products and services. If you don’t already have this on your website see capturing email addresses from your website.
An email capture offers a ‘legitimate bribe’ in order to get an email address. Once this is done a series of automated emails can be sent out to multiple addresses, with offers, products and useful content.
How To Get More Leads From Your Website
No visitors = no leads
If you don’t get any visitors to your website you re not going to get any leads either. The first step in building a successful lead generation strategy is to build more traffic to your website. See also what is a successful lead generation strategy. So if your website does’t get many visitors this should be your first consideration – more on this later. However this isn’t the only consideration. Some email captures will get a larger percentage of opt-ins than others, regardless of overall traffic to the website.
How To Get More Leads From Your Website – Your Website
Here are some factors to consider in order to increase the amount of email subscribers you get from your existing traffic:
- Perceived value of benefit of opt-in – Some email captures are better than others – they draw more attention to themselves, offer greater value and advertise the value well.
- Call to action – The blogger includes a call to action on each of their blog posts – drawing the readers attention to the opt-in and, more importantly, the benefits of opting in.
- Several options to opt-in – The more ways your visitors can opt in to your email list the better. More choices means more opt-ins. You may see pop ups, static opt-ins and drop down opt-ins ( I have one on this website at the top of the page) . Although some people find pop-ups annoying (me included), they do convert people into subscribers.
- The perceived authority of the blog – Does your blog offer value? Compare your blog to those of other leaders in your industry. Why would someone subscribe to another blog over yours? Blogs with forums, discussion groups and a good amount of social signals can fair better against blogs with little social authority.
- Blog posts are targeted for the right audience – This sounds like an obvious one but it’s also a very important one too. Writing specifically for your (well defined) target audience will mean getting more of the right kind of visitors to your website.
Ok, so here are a few factors which will effect your opt-in rate should you already have traffic. But how can you get more traffic to your website in the first place. This of course is much more important. Even with everything else in place perfectly as described above, no traffic still equals no opt-ins. With a tonne of traffic, even if your site isn’t as perfect as it could be, you will still get people opting in to your email. So let’s consider some options how to get more traffic to your website. Also see 10 ways to increase traffic to your website.
How To Get More Leads From Your Website – More Traffic
More traffic to your website is the key to more opt-ins and more more sales. It’s not the only factor of course, but a huge factor none the less. So here’s a few simple ways how to get more leads from your website by getting more traffic to it:
- Write a daily blog – Depending on your niche, you may have a lot of competition. However, a daily blog is a great way to increase your chances of ranking organically in the search engines while at the same time customizing your content to your target audience. See why target market is important. By targeting long tail keywords and a ‘buyers intent’ (or at least not a tyre kickers intent) you can save a heap of time too!
- Use an SEO plugin for your blogs like WordPress SEO by Yoast. This will help you write your blogs to give them a better chance of ranking on Google’s organic results.
- Use ‘Alt’ text in your images – This will help to rank your articles and get them found.
- Create YouTube videos and target keywords on YouTube. Link back to your blog in your channel.
- Create guest blog posts for other websites in your niche and offer them in exchange for a back link to your website. This will help bring in traffic, especially if you offer great quality unique articles for other bloggers.
- Join in discussion groups in other related blog niches. Discussion groups often allow you to post a link in your profile or ‘bio’.
- Join in discussion on YouTube on videos related to your target audience.
- Syndicate your articles to sharing sites like ezinearticles.com. Sites like this can help increase awareness of your website and allow people to share your content around the web.
- Join groups in sites like Hubpages.com and write articles on your hub. By sharing in smaller communities like this and discussing and commenting on other people’s blogs you can increase your social presence.
- Use Social Media Platforms like Facebook to share your content.
- Buffer.com allows you to share your link once and it is syndicated to all your social media profiles in one click.
- Consider advertising your blog through Facebook or Adwords. Paid advertising can get expensive and some bloggers recommend to build traffic organically first. However, some paid traffic can help boost your opt-in rate and can instantly boost sales.
- Advertising for free on sites like Craigslist, Gumtree and Ebay.
- Outsource either blog content or link building for your website – use fiver.com to outsource work for as little as $5.
- Write Useful Quality Content – Google can’t be tricked by ‘spammy’ keyword stuffed content. Even if it could, your visitors won’t be and they certainly won’t sign up to your email list if they can’t get through your content without being confused by your keyword stuffing! Google will reward your content if people stick around on your site, so make it good!
If you can add any further information on how to get more leads from your website I would welcome your comments below.
Are you struggling with your internet business or would you like to start an internet based business from scratch? Learn why Stuart Ross has built a community of online entrepreneurs with co-founder Jay Kubassek to enable people to live incredibly flexible lifestyles. Sign up for the video series here.