The best recurring affiliate programs not only have recurring income from monthly memberships, but also benefit from a number of other strategies. Recurring affiliate programs are the best because you can earn commissions on a monthly basis from a single sale.
It is far better to sell a product which has a subscription than to only make a single commission on a ‘lone’ sale. To make even a basic living on the internet is far easier if you choose the products and services which offer recurring income.
Best Recurring Affiliate Programs
The best recurring affiliate programs also have other built in strategies which make them a winning business model for affiliates:
- Membership commissions – As an affiliate many products only offer a single commission. After the initial sale the customer may continue to buy but the affiliate doesn’t benefit from the relationship they have created. Choosing an affiliate product with membership commissions means you will continue to benefit in the form of monthly commissions for as long as your referred customer keeps their membership.
- Up-Sells – Up selling is the process of selling higher value items to existing customers. Many affiliates make the mistake of continuing to recruit new customers and ignoring previous sales. However, the existing customer has already proved they are interested in your products. By having more products and services to offer them after the initial sale you will be increasing your sales without having to recruit new customers.
Recurring Affiliate Programs – Additional Considerations
As an affiliate you also benefit from other strategies which can gear your affiliate business for maximum success:
- High Ticket Products – Selling small value items means you need to sell a lot of them in order to make a viable business. By selling higher priced items you can make larger commissions on each sale. You can either sell a $100 product 20 times, or sell a $2000 product once. If both give the same return in commissions it will be easier to target customers who would buy the large value product. (see why target market is important) Also it is easier to scale up the sales of higher ticket products.
- Built in sales team – A built in sales team means an affiliate can benefit from up-sells which are closed by the team. This can be of huge benefit to your commissions, especially when used in conjunction with high ticket commissions and monthly memberships.
- Community based program – A community based membership program is one of the best ways to keep offering value to its members and is much better for the longevity of a program.
Best Recurring Affiliate Programs – Choose Wisely
Before starting down the path of promoting affiliate products it is wise to consider all these options. Many affiliate programs only offer commissions on a single sale. After that, you have referred a customer to a company and they keep the customer – potentially for life. However, you have only made a single commission. Choose products which offer monthly membership commissions, not just a single commission. Work smart not just hard!
Best Recurring Affiliate Programs – Digital Products
Some of the best recurring affiliate products are digital products. Digital products also offer some of the best commissions. This is because they have low overheads. Low overheads means owners of digital products can pay 50% + in commissions to its affiliates. Physical products typically have lower commissions. Digital products can also have membership platforms which physical products don’t.
Learn more about how to promote:
- high ticket affiliate products which have
- monthly commissions,
- built in sales team, community and
- up-selling products to the value of $20,000
Click here or the banner below for more details and to access a video series which explains more.
Examples Of Recurring Affiliate Income
Let’s take an example of a normal single sale compared to a recurring subscription sale. If you sold a £100 product and made a commission of £40, how does this compare to a subscription of just £10 per month? Even though your initial £10 is less that the £40, after only 4 months you would have caught up. £10 over 4 months = £40. Not an amazing profit though.
However, let’s say you sold 10 of each product. 10 X £100 = £1000. This gives you a commission of £400 (at 40%).
Selling 10 of the subscription product at £10 per month = £100 per month. After month 1 you would only have made £40, much less than the single sale product. However, (assuming your members continue their subscriptions) after month 4 you will have made £400. In addition each month you will continue to receive an income from membership products. Over a year you would receive (12 x £40 =) £480, and you would continue to receive this whether you sold any more products or not.
With the single sale product you would need to continue making sales over and over again. If you stopped making sales you wouldn’t continue to get paid.
So you can see that over time and with continued subscription sales, the recurring income is worth much more than a single sale product due to the compounding effect.
100 sales of the £100 product would make £1000. At 40% commission you would earn £4000.
100 sales of the £10 subscription product would make £1000. At 40% commission you would earn £400 per month. After 10 months your subscription commissions would have caught up with your other ‘single sale’ product. Plus, you would continue making £400 per month for as long as those members kept up their memberships.
Combining Subscriptions, Up-sells and High Ticket Sales
The best recurring affiliate programs combine both subscriptions with up-sells and high ticket products. You can also benefit from multi-tier sales if you position yourself as a partner in this business model. Multi-tier sales allow you to make commissions based on the sales of your team. You can also benefit from:
- Subscription products
- High ticket sales
- Up-sells closed on your behalf by a sales team
By combining multiple income sources you can benefit from high ticket commissions and residual membership commissions. Most affiliate companies only offer you the initial commission on the first referral. After that they sell to your referred customers but you don’t get a commission. By choosing a company which also rewards you for subscriptions and later up-sells closed by the company, you can earn from multiple sources.
Access this business training system and learn how to promote and sell high ticket and subscription products.